My Photo
Name:
Location: Minneapolis, MN

Dempsey is a Golden Retriever puppy who is in training to become a Helping Paws service dog for an individual with a physical disability. He lives with his parents Doreen and Paul, and Bailey the cat. None has ever trained a puppy before. These are their adventures. The views and opinions expressed in this blog are strictly those of the blog author. The contents of this blog have not been reviewed or approved by Helping Paws, Inc.

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

The Paul-Head Visits Europe

Folks have been asking me about how much fun I’m having in Europe. Well, truth be told, I’m not having any fun whatsoever.

The photos you see of me in Europe: Fake. Every single one of them. I’m actually sequestered in a Super 8 Motel in Yazoo City, Mississippi, applying to every job on monster.com.

Notice how you can only see my head in the bottom corner in the blog photos? That’s because there only is my head. I’ve sent Doreen to Europe with a Paul-head. She dresses it up and pays a midget or small child 1 to hold it up in front of a famous European landmark. She snaps a photo, and voila ­– “proof” that I have been in Europe.

If you don’t believe me, look at the photographic evidence below. You may recall that one of these photos was even leaked to the news media – what a disaster that was.

Doreen’s rebuttal:
Okay, in my defense, I must say I tried to take pictures of Paul and fabulous landmarks, but Paul always said I was too far away and he could not be seen. It is not easy to get both. So, I started adding him to the corner of various shots. You’ll notice the “Paul-Head” did not appear until a few weeks into our stay in France. After each shot, I would show the picture to Paul, he would smile and say, “That’s great baby! I love it!” I believed him. He lied.

When we arrived in Nice and looked at the photos I took of Paul in front of the papal palace in Avignon, I noticed Paul looked like a cardboard cut out. He pointed out a number of similar pictures and then the “Paul-Head” trend was noted…four months into our adventure...in Giverny, Normandy, Mont Saint Michel, Germany, Holland, Belgium and Switzerland. Paul-Head went a lot of places.

I am particularly proud of the Eiffel Tower shot in which the Paul-Head is slightly more than half the height of the tower. That is not an easy illusion to pull off.